Monday, August 25, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

Madison (L) and MacKenzie (R). I picked up these outfits at the outdoor market. I have shopped at the market a few times now with various women friends. It is really quite the experience. It is street after street of vendors and shops. A woman's paradise. LOL
Kira's "market outfit."
I just had to show proof that Cliff and I actually clean up quite well and have gone on some ADULT activities this summer!
MacKenzie (L) and Madison (R). They have this cute store here called Twin Kids. That is just the name brand. I thought it was quite appropriate for the girls to have a hoodie from there. So, they thought it was fun to try it on for Mommy and then strike a pose. Okay, so Korean women wear high heels pretty much with whatever they are wearing (baseball hat, tank top...high heels -- dress...high heels -- pj's...high heels (okay maybe an exaggeration, but you get the idea). Note the shoes on this police officer directing traffic near the beach. Crazy!

Not much has been happening here. All of our visitors have come and gone and the summer is coming to an end. I am actually ready for Fall (my favorite season). This past week the humidity has gone way down and you can actually take in a deep breath without feeling like the thick heat is going to choke you.

The countdown has begun. Cliff's parents are arriving on October 25th (3 days after Kira's 2nd birthday). They are staying for 10 days and then the girls and I fly back to MN with them. Cliff will stay behind and work until he flies home for Christmas. After New Years (no date set yet) the girls and I fly back to Korea with Cliff to finish out this job. I am ready to breathe in some fresh MN air, see our families and friends and sleep in our own beds! There's no place like home!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the note Kris! Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!! Hope to see you soon when you are back in town!

Loretta, Rich, and boys