Yes, I know -- TWO blog posts in one day. What can I say -- the girls are napping so a little computer time for Mommy. :)
This survey is going around on Facebook. I decided I would fill it out and put it on my blog instead.
Here you go mommies - a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your first born
Let's see how much you remember!
1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Yes, we had been trying for a year before I finally became pregnant.
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Yes - for 3 years (8 years this coming June, but together for 17 years.)
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I didn't believe the test, so I took 3 more! LOL
4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? I turned 31 a few weeks before I became pregnant with the girls.
5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? We were in Mallorca, Spain and I took a home pregnancy test because I had a feeling.
6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Cliff -- I called him at work. We were a little nervous to get too excited, but we couldn't help it!
7. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Yes -- I don't like secrets -- LOL
8. DUE DATE? February 14, 2005
9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? None
10. CRAVINGS? DQ Dilly Bars (My wonderful father-in-law kept me stocked up.)
11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Being on bed rest. And being on mag. sulfate while on bed rest. That stuff makes you feel like crap.
12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Girls (identical twins)
13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? At first I was hoping we would have one of each -- but I was very excited when I found out we were having two girls. I couldn't imagine one of them being a boy. I love my girls!
14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY? 49 pounds.
15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yes -- two -- Family Shower (before babies were born) and Friend Shower (after babies were born) -- the babies came to this shower and then were picked up by Grandma and Grandpa so Mommy could have a little girl time.
16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew about both showers. Remember I don't like secrets. I am very anal and like to have things planned out -- just ask my family and friends. :)
17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? Yes, I went into pre-term labor at 32 weeks. I had gone in for my weekly check up and they told me I was in labor. I didn't even realize it! But looking back I should have know since I was a very slow duck waddler when we stopped at Wal-Mart before my appointment. I had to sit and wait for Cliff. For me not to be able to shop -- it should have been a warning! After the options were laid out for us we chose to be flown to Abbott Northwestern in Minneapolis from Brainerd Medical Center. I was on bed rest there for almost 2 weeks thanks to a little mag sulfate (love that stuff for keeping my babies baking for a bit longer, but man that was the worst EVER) which stopped the contractions (all of this was over Christmas and New Years). I was able to leave the hospital, but was told I had to stay close to the hospital incase I went into labor again. Because I was having twins my hospital (BMC) wouldn't let me deliver there until I was 35 weeks. They figured the babies would just be sent to Abbott because they were too early. So, we stayed with Cliff's sister near the cities. In the early morning hours (the day we were planning on going home) my water broke and off the Abbott we went. I was 34 weeks and 6 days.
18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Abbott Northwestern in Minneapolis
19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? About 12 hours.
20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Cliff. His parents, my good friend, Ahmi, and my cousin Jessi along with her daughter, Vanessa, who was almost 1 at the time were there the whole day waiting for MacKenzie & Madison to arrive.
21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? Cliff and about 20 other people I do not know.
22. WAS IT VAGINAL OR C-SECTION? Vaginal for both.
23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? I had an epi -- but, still felt EVERYTHING!
24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? Baby A (MacKenzie Kay) was 4 pounds 3 oz and 18" -- Baby B (Madison May) was 4 pounds 10 ounces and 18 1/4"
25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD/REN ACTUALLY BORN? January 11, 2005 They were born at 3:43pm and 4:51pm (yes 1 hour and 8 minutes apart! I am sure MacKenzie will play that card a lot when they are older!)
February 14, 2006 -- one month after M&M's first birthday -- I became pregnant with our third daughter. Kira Anne was born on October 22, 2006 at 5:59am at BMC. She weighed 6 pounds 3 ounces and was 19 inches long. I made it to 37 weeks. M&M were only 21 months old.
GGGRRRR...I get so frustrated with this program. When I download photos I put them in a certain order for a reason (yes, because I am anal!) and they never come out that way. I intended to put photos of the girls in birth order. I guess it is from youngest to oldest.